11/13/10

Standing In Front Of The Train


A "situation" happened this week, that I don't think I should describe specifically because, although I hope I have maintained my anonymity on this blog…better safe than sorry when it comes to other people's business.
But I'm sick about it. I'm not sure where my bullshit ends and the other person's begins. However, they made some decisions out of the situation that will surely hurt them in the end, and I don't really know how much I should do to stop the derailed train, or let things take their course.

I can be super codependent.

"Codependency is about focusing on, taking care of, and fixing others. Recovery is about focusing on and taking care of me, and being supportive of others." (coda.org)

I don't often know what to do to take care of myself. I finally got a new sponsor. One I think will be supportive and nurturing, which is what I really need in this time of my life. Its one thing I can do to take care of myself in sobriety.

"Codependency is about chaos, excitement, obsession, intensity, extremes and feeling overwhelmed. Recovery is about moderation, balance, detachment, peace, and serenity." (coda.org)

Detachment is also a difficult concept for me. I'm working on it and I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment